VNC client using HTML5 (WebSockets, Canvas) with encryption (wss://) support.
Notable commits, announcements and news @noVNC
Online noVNC Client
A version of the noVNC client is available online here (or here to try out the new commits not yet in a release).
A convenient shortcut address is noVNC.com
Videos and Screenshots
It's not a real project until there are videos and screenshots.
This online demo plays back a recorded VNC session.
Projects/Companies using noVNC
There are many companies/projects that have integrated noVNC including
Ganeti Web Manager,
LibVNCServer. See this wiki page for a more complete list with additional info and links.
A browser with at least minimal canvas support (i.e. not IE 6, 7 or 8).
Run a vnc server, run the WebSockets proxy, load the page, and connect! See the project README for more details.
- Creator of noVNC : Joel Martin (email@example.com)
- Current noVNC team : Joel Martin, Solly Ross, Samuel Mannehed, Peter Åstrand
- UI and Icons : Pierre Ossman, Chris Gordon
- Original Logo : Michael Sersen
- web-socket-js (included) : Hiroshi Ichikawa (github.com/gimite/web-socket-js)
- as3crypto (included) : Henri Torgemane (code.google.com/p/as3crypto)
- tight encoding : Michael Tinglof (Mercuri.ca)
You can download this project in either
You can also clone the project with Git
$ git clone git://github.com/kanaka/noVNC